Managing the online direct-to-consumer channel globally
The worldwide market for digital software downloads has a volume of around 37 billion Euros and will continue to grow in the years ahead. Microsoft noticed this trend at an early stage and together with arvato developed a worldwide business-to-consumer e-commerce solution.
»If there is one word that I had to pick for arvato, it would be great service. I guess that’s two words.«
Chief Operating Officer, Microsoft Corporation
- Made by arvato: the e-commerce platform for the Microsoft online shop was developed by arvato.
- Europe, Australia, Russia, Brazil and beyond: arvato independently handles Microsoft’s e-commerce operations on eleven different web portals.
- Digital downloads are in demand: 90% of all items bought from the Microsoft Store are downloaded.
- arvato’s end-to-end e-commerce services:
- Creative work
- Website design and development
- Website operation and maintenance
- Online marketing
- Electronic (ESD) and physical fulfillment
- Transport and freight management
- Customer service
- Financial services
- Microsoft Corporation is a public multinational company headquartered in Redmond, USA, that develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a wide range of software, hardware and services predominantly related to the computing industry.
- In 2010 Microsoft generated net revenue of USD 62.48 billion (fiscal year 2010; 30th June 2010).