The unpredictability of today’s consumer demands is very challenging for high-tech and consumer electronics manufacturers and makes it essential to keep their supply chains streamlined and adaptable. This is being exacerbated by the trend for some consumer electronic products to become fashion items. In order to service the high fluctuations in demand, companies need to secure competitive advantages by pursuing smart strategies with regards to inventory management.
The term "countrymization" is a combination "country" und "customizing", in other words, making inventory country and language-specific. Products from the high-tech and consumer electronics sector are designed for a number of markets, but the country or country group variations differ in terms of languages on the package and in the instruction manual, legal information (e.g. Grüner Punkt, TÜV, CE label), connector cables, frequencies, software version and many more.
Countrymization refers to a Supply Chain that is designed to store inventory in a neutral state, applying country-specific product characteristics later. By doing this, it is possible to prevent wrong products being stored (those that are not being sold), while more sales could be generated with this product in other markets.
Arvato offers the following countrymizing services:
- Product labeling and packaging, including products for promotions and product launches
- Print on demand or sourcing of print materials
- Software update, software loading or adapting the product configuration (e.g. setting a radio frequency)
- Co-packing of marketing materials or promotional items
- Reworking of products, building kits with various articles and adding plugs
- Country specific packaging
- Re-working of products or re-labeling of returns from marketing campaigns