Want more satisfied customers in your digital business without increasing the risk?
protactix® at a glance
protactix® minimises the financial losses and the damage to your image resulting from fraud and payment defaults for providers of digital services, such as video on demand, streaming, gaming, online advertising, music downloads, social networks, cloud computing and dating agencies. For the first time, protactix® offers you a combined defence against fraud and other risks in one standardised, modular yet customisable solution that can be individually configured to meet your needs. All registration and ordering process transactions are checked and analysed to provide real time control and improve your conversion rate. As a plug-and-play solution, you can connect in protactix® and set it up within two days.
This is how protactix® protects the ordering process for digital content
When your customer enters their personal registration or ordering information, protactix® determines the risks in real time, checking for fraud. In the process, protactix® not only identifies and analyses the details entered by the user, but also the details of the device they are using to access the Internet using high-quality tracking technology, which complies with data protection laws.
The data gathered is run through an incredibly complex set of rules in the intelligent protactix® rules engine, and is also checked against Arvato Financial Solution’s broad, exclusive data universe. Positive and negative information from millions of transactions is utilised as part of the analysis and pattern recognition. The results of the check are supplied to the web shop, summarised as a recommendation of what action to take.
At the same time, all of the transaction data can be viewed from the protactix® Cockpit. There, data can be manually edited and settings, thresholds and rules can be modified, activated or deactivated.
More customers thanks to a sustained increase in conversion rates
- Depending on the customer’s risk profile, you can offer payment methods that increase the conversion rate, such as payment on receipt of invoice
- Smooth processes for registration and payment
More valuable premium accounts
- Effective protection from abuse through fake accounts, identity fraud and account hopping
- Improvement in the conversion rate of test users into valuable premium accounts
Optimised quality of customer data — Fewer fake identities
- Personal data and email addresses are checked for plausibility and existence
Modular and individually configurable
- Three plug-ins, each with three versions, which can be precisely aligned to your needs
Plug-and-play – Connected and set up within two days
- It only takes two days to set up the tags and implement the web service
- At the same time, set up is customised for each customer
Plugins and tools
Three protactix® plugins are available for your complex digital business requirements:
- Registration plugin: prevents fraud before it occurs
- Payment plugin: prevents non-payment and losses
- One-step plugin: protection against fraud and other risks for registration and payment information is entered in a single step
The protactix® plugins are comprised of six different modular tools that can be used depending upon the issue to be addressed.
- Uses device fingerprinting to check every transaction when fraud is suspected
- Comprehensive set of rules that can be individually configured
- Access to fraud data pool
- Blacklists and whitelists
- Geolocation detection
- Proxy piercing
Fake account prevention
- Identifies users who create multiple accounts over a short period of time with varying information
- Intelligent mechanisms prevent accounts from being created automatically
- Identifies users and devices that repeatedly create new accounts, for example, in an attempt to improperly obtain free trial memberships
- Observation of registrations over several months to identify fraudulent attempts
- The personal data supplied is checked for plausibility and existence
- Worldwide unique analysis of email addresses: Do they exist? Are they plausible? Are they reachable? Quality of the details?
- Identification of unrealistic names
- Detailed inspection of IBANs in Germany for validity and risk of default
- Prevention of attempted fraud, for example, through the use of publicly accessible bank details
- Identification of bank details with chargebacks currently outstanding