Vendor Managed Inventory
Vendor Managed Inventory Solutions for suppliers and retailers
VMI guarantees optimized performance in the supply chain. Suppliers receive valuable retail data on inventory and sales. The VMI system offers automated management of own products while providing performance analyses and generating order recommendations. The Arvato VMI system r.i.m. (retail inventory management) provides a sophisticated software that bridges the gap between suppliers and retailers and offers valuable benefits for both parties.
Facts & figures
As part of our close business relationship in SCM we have chosen arvato to provide a comprehensive VMI solution for key markets in Europe. The system, processes and people behind the services are experienced and offer the highest level of service in a cost competitive environment. We are very satisfied with the cooperation and look forward to further strengthening our business relationship.Gerhard Blum, SVP International Distribution & Supply Chain - Sony Music Entertainment International
Benefits for you
Increased supply chain performance and level of service
- Individual and optimized product portfolio.
- Automated management and order recommendations to avoid out of stocks.
- Demand-driven product range and inventory management
Increased transparency and analysis options through
- Monitoring of inventory levels.
- Dasboards and KPI reportings.
How does it work?
- r.i.m. works as a SaaS (Software as a Service) and can be accessed from any Windows PC or from mobile devices with working internet connection.
- The system collects all data from suppliers and retailers and generates recommendations for individual products and quantities to be ordered by the branches.
- These recommendations are based on the evaluation of a number of factors such as historical data, customer or product-based forecasts and many others.
- Valuable evaluations and analyses like sales or KPI’s can be presented through customized dashboards and reports.