True global logistics by Arvato
How can you connect with your customers on a global scale? Via our worldwide logistics network of more than 150 locations in 22 countries.
We listen to our clients closely and work with them on a unique and customized global logistics solution that meets the specific challenges and requirements on time and every time.
arvato's professional global account team that is supported by decentralized competence centers like "Trade, Tax and Compliance" help to provide one-stop solutions that will cut your costs and ensure you have the time you need to focus on your business.
Our global logistics network is supported by state-of-the-art IT systems to enable full visibility and transparency along your supply chain. Dedicated business intelligence processes enable you to easily measure and compare global performance.
Warehousing & Distribution
Our expertise and experience in all aspects of warehousing and distribution enable us to adhere to best practices in all areas of the supply chain. As a multi-channel distribution specialist, Arvato can control all warehousing and distribution processes from the production floor to your distribution channels efficiently and reliably.
Arvato operates a global network of warehouse locations based on a single, global WMS system. This means that we are able to establish new customers in America, Europe, Asia or emerging countries quickly and reliably while maintaining global transparency and comparability.
- Global network of top-quality warehouse locations
- Certified security solutions for high-value products (TAPA)
- Paperless warehousing processes with various picking strategies and technologies, including pick-by-light, pick-by-voice, etc.
- Customized process models seamlessly integrated into SAP
- Batch and serial number tracking
- Distribution solutions for direct-to-retail, direct-to-store, and direct-to-consumer
- Further value-added services such as value added logistics services and postponement as well as network analysis and management
- The option of combining manufacturing and distribution processes in one system
Inventory management is a key part of supply chain management. We as Arvato can help you and your organization increase your service level while optimizing the inventory cost structure.
Services we offer for our clients are:
- Demand planning
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
- Purchasing & supplier management
- Transferring the products to our books
- Master data management
- Lot, batch and serial number management and tracking
All of these modular elements are fully integrated into our global SAP system. Together with our customers we are defining the right targets to aim for in terms of service or inventory level. We are also able to coordinate your service providers and suppliers, while at the same time purchasing the products and transferring them into our books.
Especially in the retail environment but also in other branches of industy it is important tool to ensure that your customers are not running out of your products to avoid losing sales. Here we offer an automatic ordering and replenishment process (Vendor Managed Inventory – VMI) in which the inventories are monitored and managed throughout the supply chain.Within our SAP system we manage all logistically relevant master data. This also includes monitoring lot, batch and serial numbers throughout the entire distribution process.
arvato's experience and its world class TMS and analytics systems will enable you to optimize your transport chain which in turn will reduce transportation costs, improve on-time delivery performance and provide greater logistics transparency. Arvato combines an efficient management operations team with a world class transport management system.
Trade, Tax & Compliance
In order to maintain this working environment, Arvato has a team of specialists who ensure compliance with these legal standards thanks to their regular training and proven track record in this area. These experts support in all areas where compliance, trade and tax expertise is necessary.
This includes evaluating new and existing business models, internal and external training as well as liaising with a wide range of authorities and other organizations. As part of the Value Stream Management the Trade & Compliance department is responsible for ensuring that import and export processes run smoothly and that other processes and customs procedures are compliant with legal standards.
Sourcing & Procurement
In addition to our global network of authorized suppliers, Arvato ensures high product availability and low storage costs.
- Demand planning and forecasting
- Sourcing and procurement of consumables, packaging materials and accessories
- Screening and authorization of new suppliers
- Supplier monitoring and periodic business reviews
- SAP-based MRP and forecasting
- Inventory management and ownership
For Arvato, supplier management means optimizing your supply chain by ensuring the most cost effective procurement, the best level of service from suppliers and the highest quality of purchased goods. Arvato successfully plans, manages and controls relationships within the supplier network, including contractual agreements, terms and conditions. Arvato can take over this function for both existing and new suppliers. Arvato's own global purchasing team is strategically spread across the EMEA, Americas and APAC regions and is therefore able to perform the strategic supplier management function on a global scale.
- Ensure and optimize risk-free procurement
- Discover and utilize possible synergy effects
- Build up, maintain and optimize successful supplier relationships
Vendor Managed Inventory
VMI guarantees optimized performance in the supply chain. Suppliers receive valuable retail data on inventory and sales. The VMI system offers automated management of own products while providing performance analyses and generating order recommendations. The Arvato VMI system r.i.m. (retail inventory management) provides a sophisticated software that bridges the gap between suppliers and retailers and offers valuable benefits for both parties.
Arvato offers a broad range of value added services. In combination with our SAP system we can trigger and implement retailer-specific VAS requirements. This can relate to different criteria and the requirements can vary according to country, product, retailer or product category. The targeted management of retail requirements from SAO ensures a high level of quality and thus ensures retail-compliant shipment.
- Labeling and packaging for product launches or promotion campaigns
- Packaging design and optimization, including for sales displays
- Co-packing of flyers, inserts or stickers to support marketing campaigns
- Fulfilment of retail-specific requirements (labels, price labeling separate packaging and delivery of launch items, etc.)
- Software update or product configuration (e.g. adjust radio frequency)
- Reworking and light assembly of products according to individual requirements
- Consignee-specific labeling and packaging
- Re-working, repackaging or re-labeling for promotional returns
- Design, sourcing, building and filling of product displays and distributing them in a retail-compliant way
Value Added Services
arvato’s value added services in combination with logistics services provides integrated supply and demand chains. Beyond manufacturing, warehousing and distribution, services range from the basic materials procurement, labelling/bar-coding and packaging design to the more intricate of complex assembly and product configuration and customization. Value added services can be provided as manufacturing batches or based on criteria such as country, customer, product or product group.
- Labelling and packing for promotions and product launches
- Packaging Design & Optimization
- Co-packing of flyers, inserts or stickers to support marketing campaigns
- Fulfilment of retailer-specific requirements (specific labels, etc.)
- Reworking and assembly of products, e.g. for refurbishment of consignment goods
- Software updates
- Re-packaging or re-labelling
The term "countrymization" is a combination "country" und "customizing", in other words, making inventory country and language-specific. Products from the high-tech and consumer electronics sector are designed for a number of markets, but the country or country group variations differ in terms of languages on the package and in the instruction manual, legal information (e.g. Grüner Punkt, TÜV, CE label), connector cables, frequencies, software version and many more.
Countrymization refers to a Supply Chain that is designed to store inventory in a neutral state, applying country-specific product characteristics later. By doing this, it is possible to prevent wrong products being stored (those that are not being sold), while more sales could be generated with this product in other markets.
Arvato offers the following countrymizing services:
- Product labeling and packaging, including products for promotions and product launches
- Print on demand or sourcing of print materials
- Software update, software loading or adapting the product configuration (e.g. setting a radio frequency)
- Co-packing of marketing materials or promotional items
- Reworking of products, building kits with various articles and adding plugs
- Country specific packaging
- Re-working of products or re-labeling of returns from marketing campaigns
POS Display Configuration
For us, POS activities have to be eye-catching and effective. Eye-catching in order to differentiate your brand, making it stand out from the competition and effectively boosting your sales. As a customer-oriented organization, we at Arvato are constantly seeking innovative ways to promote and place your products in order to increase sales potential. But that's not all: we identify your specific requirements, develop tools that are tailored to your needs and help your potential customers identify with your brand.
Arvato is your partner for building, filling and shipping your displays internationally. Arvato is your first point of contact for planning display campaigns, finding suppliers and satisfying your customers' requirements. We optimize your display supply chain and ensure that your displays are at the right place at the right time.
Arvato has an international network of service locations, if requested in industrial or transition countries. From these locations Arvato can take over complete processes as a BPO service provider, which can range from data capture, data checking and data maintenance, credit checks to the enrichment of data records. Arvato can also create internet portals for entering end customer data.
Overview of our services:
- Order reception
- Various locations in industrial or transition countries
- Development of webpages for auto-entry of orders
- Master data capture and maintenance
- New product launches and deactivation of products (processes for all product lifecycles)
Whether you are looking for a multi-currency support, or a combination of international and local payment methods, risk management, or a partner to take on responsibility for managing your backend processes from start to finish, Arvato is the right service provider to help you realize your visions and grow your company.
We are the partner of choice for many companies selling their products internationally but not willing or able to deal with the complexities of tax laws and payment guidelines alone. Operating as a reseller in more than 150 countries worldwide, we act as the merchant of record for a number of our customers, completely managing their financial value chain from start to finish.
What we offer:
- Service model: Arvato acts as an outsourcing provider supporting your financial operations.
- Reseller model: Arvato purchases your products and (re)sells them under the Arvato name, handling tax compliance and other financial challenges.
- Payment Gateway: PCI-certified payment processing globally through a single API.
- Risk management: real-time fraud checks for eCommerce payments. Arvato provides its customers with effective fraud protection through 3-D Secure as well as ISO 9001:2000 and PCI level 1 certification.
- Accounts receivable management: invoicing, chargeback management, dunning.
- Accounts payable: monetary payouts and physical shipments, also for campaigns and incentive programs.
- Reporting: standardized or customized analysis, based on our SAP Business Warehouse.
Arvato is one of the world’s largest customer service providers. Arvato operates more than 100 service centers throughout the world, providing individual support for over 350 million customers in over 35 languages.
Over the last few years, customer service has become a key element of each supply chain in order to communicate directly with the end consumer and to get feedback. Arvato has also recognized this development and has created solutions in order to be able to offer scalable, customized and fully integrated solutions.
Our systems are state-of-the-art and therefore provide efficient and professional integration of incoming telephone calls well as back and front desk services. By using innovative and cost-optimized applications we are able to offer our services flexibly and to an optmum standard of quality.
Our services range from after sales management, complaint management, handling inbound and outbound calls, developing marketing campaigns as well as technical support.
We use classic communication channels as well as digital channels, such as social media in order to provide the best possible service to our clients.
Our employees are highly trained in order to ensure a high standard of quality and efficiency and provide the required level of service at all times.
For a long time returns logistics had been given little focus at management level. After sales services often had negative associations in companies and were seen merely as a cost burden. In recent years, however, after sales has evolved into a strategic pillar of supply chain management.
Each year Arvato's logistics centers handle the after sales of more than 10 million high-tech and consumer electronic products from retail and e-commerce outlets, as well as over 5 million warranty cases.
Returns management is mainly driven by the way a product is being collected for repair. Arvato has a global network of international and regional providers of drop-off/return points and also offers walk-in and pick-up solutions. Thanks to our many years of experience and a strong reverse logistics network, we are able to offer customized returns logistics solutions.
- Serial number-based identification and warranty check
- Standard replacement or preferred replacement products (SWAP)
- Customer-specific return processes, including e.g. in-warranty, out-of-warranty cases
- Visibility of the entire returns management process via the online returns portal
- Screening and testing of returned goods
- Support for repairs or repairs management for partners
Refurbishment & Rework
With more than 20 years of experience in returns handling, Arvato offers a wide range of reverse logistics services. These include end customer returns, B2B returns, refurbishment repairs or the provision of a diagnostic tool for avoiding returns. Once they are received, the returned products are sent to our returns center where they are subject to a range of functional tests, cleaned, repaired, exchanged or refurbished. Goods that are irreparably damaged are sent to a certified waste disposal company. Defective products that are still under guarantee are swiftly replaced for B2B/B2C customers.
Our state-of-the-art warehouses and IT systems will provide you with the level of scalability needed to better support your customers, retail partners, and future business strategy.
We are not only your service provider, we are also your partner. By providing you with a dedicated global account team, we can offer one-stop solutions while centralizing and therefore standardizing all communication streams.