Managing competing pressures and technological change
Utility companies have to manage the competing pressures of transitioning to a low-carbon economy, managing fluctuating energy prices and upgrading legacy infrastructure and technology.
- Rises in the cost of living means people are finding it harder to pay utility bills, causing an increasing number of payment defaults.
- Competition is intensifying, tariffs and products are multiplying and customers are increasingly willing to switch provider to find a better deal.
- The Smart Meter Implementation Programme (SMIP) will see 53 million meters installed by 2020, shifting the relationship between consumers and utility providers and creating a complex digital network of devices and interfaces.
- We help our utility and energy partners transform their business processes to better deal with today’s challenges and prepare for the future, from online finance services, billing solutions and collection services, to customer contact solutions and loyalty programmes
- We play a key role in SMIP, providing a complete distribution and management solution for smart meters which includes technical device testing, installations, asset management and reverse logistics for fault analysis and refurbishment.
An end-to-end solution that ensures seamless customer service
Delivering smart meter distribution, installation and reverse logistics provides new efficiencies and improved customer satisfaction
Access to unrivalled quality control
Through our whole-of-life asset management solution, we ensure all infrastructure is continually updated and fully compliant